TREAT FEMALE HAIR LOSS
Hair can be a large source of confidence for women — variant on everything from color to cut and length. As you age, however, your hair can start to change along with the rest of your body, and you may not like the results. Female hair loss is a condition that affects over 20 million women in the United States, and the causes of it are usually multifaceted and many. However, it doesn’t have to be a look you settle for, and that’s where Koher Medical comes in.
For over 25 years, the surgical staff at Koher Medical have treated a wide range of hair loss issues in both men and women. If you’re a woman suffering from hair loss and want to get back to looking your best, the following techniques are available and expertly practiced at Koher Medical:
- Hair Transplantation. A hair transplant is a procedure that moves hair from the back and sides of the head and moves it to the thinning areas of the scalp. It’s been shown to be the most effective treatment for hair loss in both women and men, and the surgeons of Koher Medical are particularly experienced with this procedure. With over 25 years of experience and over 15000 patients treated, it’s sure to be a strong option for helping your hair loss at Koher Medical.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (Neograft) This is a method of hair transplantation that utilizes an FUE Machine to extract follicles one by one from the patient’s scalp. The benefits of this treatment are typically minimal scarring when compared to the strip procedure (which also leaves very little scarring) and can be less invasive for some patients. Koher Medical currently uses Neograft as its machine of choice.
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and ACell technology. This refers to a series of injections that targets hair loss in both men and women. PRP is a solution that comes from using the healing plasma of your own blood, while ACell refers to proteins that are used to strengthen compromised or weakened hair follicles. Treatments will need to be scheduled a few times a year, but results have been very promising.
- Low-level Laser Therapy. The use of Near Infrared Light (NIR) on the scalp to promote hair growth and help the healing processes of skin. Therapeutic light pulses can potentially help stimulate follicles for stronger and healthier hair, and may aid in reducing inflammation and healing wounds, tissue, and nerves. Portable laser devices are now available for use in the comfort of your home, such as the Theradome Laser Helmet.
- Minoxidil. Also known as Rogaine, this is a topical solution that may assist both women and men with hair regrowth temporarily. Minoxidil, however, doesn’t just add hair — it has been shown to reverse the effects of hereditary hair loss, as it thickens and strengthens hair follicles temporarily when used on a consistent basis. It’s often combined with other treatments to maximize effectiveness.
Koher Medical: Experts in the Art of Hair Restoration
Whether you suffer from androgenetic alopecia, hair loss due to menopause or pregnancy, or trichotillomania, Koher Medical is ready to help. With offices in High Point, Mebane and Charlotte, NC, as well as Greenville, SC, Cockeysville, MD, and Harrisburg, PA, chances are good that the treatment to combat hair loss as a woman isn’t too far away.
Contact Koher Medical today at 336-792-9591 , or fill out a form online, to schedule your free consultation today.